Laidlaw's Harley-Davidson Blog

Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Riding the 09' FLHTCUI, A Trip to Remember!

Just about a week ago, I was able to enjoy eight days of riding on a 2009 FLHTCUI through the beautiful state of Washington, as well as, Oregon and California. The ride was a great adventure, enabling me to see beautiful country, which was even more spectacular by the blessing of not a drop of rain. The trip highlights with out question, were the ride through Mount Rainier National Park and the remote coastlines of Washington and Oregon.

A huge asset to us all, (we traveled as a group of four riders) was the continual reliance and flawless performance of the new Garman Zumo Road Tech GPS. This device installed on my bike, was invaluable. Not only did it word perfectly throughout the entire trip, it is extremely user friendly and very comprehensive in its features to assist any rider unfamiliar with his or her surroundings. Along with its navigation and voice command directions, which were spoken through my helmet speaker headset, I greatly benefited from the ipod file of my personal music favorites I listened to when the XM satellite radio had poor reception. Moreover, the clear, interactive screen on the unit was much easier to use while riding, with gloves of course, than the radio would have been. In short, I never used the radio, I just feel in love with the GPS for all my music needs.

Although I do not have GPS in my personal Ford F-150 pick-up, I do now because this GPS easily detaches from the handlebar mount and reattaches to an easy/universal car dashboard mount. Believe me, having been entirely lost both night and day, unable to locate even the sun or moon, the navigation feature flawlessly directed us right back on course on numerous instances while traveling.

This product is and forever will be a part of any road trip of mine, whether it be by motorcycle or car, from now on. With it, I will have immediate identification of all food, hotels/motels gas stations and points of interest, not to mention the closest Harley Davidson Dealership.
So with all this goodness and peace of mind, how could my next trip ever be anything but better than the last.

May the open road treat you, your Harley-Davidson and whom ever you share your riding experiences with, the very best.

Tires up and be safe,

Brent Laidlaw

No comments: