Laidlaw's Harley-Davidson Blog

Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ladies Garage Party 2010

Usually before an event like our garage party I get nervous and fidgety, but when I walked into the welcome area and heard all of the excited chatter coming from the ladies that evening I instantly knew it would be a great event. I took a few moments to just sit and watch the conversation, smell the food and noticed the small flock of women gathered around the men in uniform. The guest speaker kicked things off; reinforcing the individualism and empowerment that motorcycling brings to everyone, women especially. My first group was all-smiles when they came over to listen to what I had to say. There were raised hands, I answered their questions, they wanted to get up close and personal with the bikes that were on display and the ever-present applause after picking up that “so big motorcycle” off its side brings a smile to my face every time.

The enthusiasm didn’t slow down until everyone had a chance to shop and the surveys were filled out. *sigh* One of the best parts was knowing that the information I shared made a difference, enough so that I caught a couple of ladies taking notes! What a cool thing to know it’s worth writing down. I was also lucky enough to be pulled aside and complimented on the work I had done to one lady’s husband’s bike and how she appreciated that I was keeping both of their safety in mind. What an ego-booster! I’ll try not to let it go to my head. -Jennifer




1 comment:

Ice said...

Had a great time. Jennifer could you please email me at ice@realbikerchicks.net? I would love to have you on my site. Thanks,
Carrie