Laidlaw's Harley-Davidson Blog

Blog Archive

Friday, April 9, 2010

April is check your helmet month.

April is “Check Your Helmet Month” and you need to be aware that anytime your helmet has been dropped or suffered an impact of any kind, it is no longer considered D.O.T approved and should be replaced. Also, if your helmet is three to five years in age, you should also start looking into purchasing a new one. The fibers in the helmet start to break apart over time and even though this is not apparent to the eye, this poses as a major safety risk. Get ready for this riding season and come check out a new helmet!

Here are some tips to finding the perfect helmet.
























1 comment:

Marilyn777 said...

I am so glad you have this article! When I first got my bike,and therefore a helmet, I didnt know what I was looking for. NOW I am looking for something that not only fits my style but also what fits me head!!! I can go to our dealer and know what to look for. Beside the girls in Motorclothes are an awesome team! P.S. I LOVE the womens helmets! They rock! Going to get me one this month!